Getting inked has always been a thrilling experience, and now it has even become socially accepted. However, many face the issue of acne on tattoos, which often leads to a lot of confusion and the fear of getting their ink ruined.
Can acne ruin the tattoo? What is the reason behind the acne on your tattoos? Does one need to go for tattoo removal in Delhi because of acne scars? These are some questions to pop up in your mind, but don’t worry! Here’s everything you should know about the problem of acne on tattoos!
What Causes Acne on Tattoos?
Below are some common reasons behind acne on your inked skin:
- Moisture: Excessive moisture isn’t good for your inked skin, as it becomes an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. It can lead to acne, scars, and colour loss, compelling you to go for acne scar treatment in Delhi.
- Allergies: Individuals with sensitive skin can quickly develop allergies after getting a tattoo. The allergies can be triggered by chemicals present in certain colours, specifically red, leading to acne and irritation.
- Infection: Your skin remains wounded after getting a tattoo, which increases the probability of getting infections. It is important to remain cautious for a few days after getting inked, as the bacterial growth can cause acne on your skin.
- Skin irritation and inflammation: Your skin becomes traumatised after getting inked, leading to swelling. And continuing the use of skin care products immediately after getting a new tattoo can cause a burning sensation, inviting other skin problems.
How Do I Get Rid Of Acne on Tattoos?
Here’s how you can get rid of acne on tattoos:
- Avoid Popping: If your inked skin has acne, resist your urge to pop it. Avoid popping the acne, as it can spread bacteria, open a wound, increase the chances of getting an infection, ruin your tattoo, leave a scar, and even lead to colour loss. It is best to consult an expert for problems related to acne or scars on your inked skin and consider getting acne scar treatment in Delhi.
- Salicylic Acid: Salicylic acid is effective in keeping your tattooed skin healthy and acne-free by unclogging the pores. However, you should only use this acid on the acne in case your tattoo has completely healed. Avoid using salicylic acid on fresh tattoos to prevent skin irritation.
- Benzoyl Peroxide: Consider using benzoyl peroxide to get rid of acne on your tattoo. This is one of the best alternatives to chemical exfoliants and helps heal acne.
- Reduce Sunlight Exposure: Sunlight exposure is not good for your inked skin. It can lead to skin irritation and even the fading of colours. So, make sure you remain away from sunlight after getting a tattoo.
- Maintain Hygiene: Maintaining hygiene can prevent a lot of skin problems, as regular bathing, cleansing, and exfoliation help reduce the bacterial growth that causes acne.
- Follow an effective skin-care routine
By incorporating an effective skincare routine where you regularly clean and apply serums ideal for your skin type, you can prevent acne and other skin problems despite having tattoos.
- Avoid touching
Avoid touching your face or inked skin unnecessarily, as it introduces more bacteria, leading to infections and breakouts. Keep your hands clean, or keep them off!
When should you see a specialist?
In case your acne remains persistent, leads to a severe infection, or leaves scars, it is ideal to consider visiting an expert for acne scar treatment. A licensed professional with years of experience can help resolve your skin concerns in a personalised way!