Premature ejaculation is quite a common sexual problem characterized by uncontrolled ejaculation either before or right after the penetration, it usually happens before the person wishes and with minimal sexual stimulation. According to statistics, 1 out of 3 men report experiencing this condition at some point of their lives. Many of them turn to medications that can be purchased on Best-pharmacy.net to try to solve this problem.
But why is premature ejaculation so common and what causes this condition? The thing is that the exact cause of premature ejaculation is still unknown. It was once believed to be provoked by psychological causes only, but modern medicine now knows that premature ejaculation is associated with a complex interaction of physiological and psychological factors.
Psychological causes of premature ejaculation include:
- Depression or feeling of guilt;
- Poor body image;
- Lack of sexual experience;
- Too much stimulation or overexcitement;
- Traumatic sex experience;
Other contributing psychological factors include:
- Those who suffer from premature ejaculation also report problems with anxiety (either associated with sexual performance or related to other problems).
- Erectile dysfunction. Males who are worried about getting or maintaining adequate erection during sex might develop a pattern of hurrying to ejaculate that could be difficult to modify.
- Relationship problems. If a man has had satisfying sexual intercourses with other partners in which premature ejaculation never happened, it’s possible that interpersonal issues with his current partner are contributing to his condition.
Possible physiological factors that contribute to premature ejaculation include:
- Inadequate levels of hormones;
- Excessive alcohol or illicit drug consumption;
- Abnormal levels of neurotransmitters;
- Infection and inflammation of the urethra or prostate;
- Diseases like multiple sclerosis and diabetes.
Many men who think that they have premature ejaculation might actually have natural variable premature ejaculation in which there are periods of normal and rapid ejaculation, and that’s a normal variation in sexual performance.