We all know that sinus headaches are definitely a pain of Sinus Headache Relief Treatment. They cause the worst bottomless, aching pain in the front of your face that is almost impossible to get relief from. When you’re at work or school, the last thing you want to have is throbbing pain behind the eyes, making it impossible to concentrate. Bending or leaning to get something you’ve dropped can make it even worse and it often starts as soon as you get up out of bed in the mornings, which is when most of us are getting ready for our stressful day that lies ahead. It is a horrible task to get up out of the bed with a nasty throbbing face, almost impossible. Well, thankfully there are many treatments and at home tasks, we can use treating sinus headaches. First, let’s look at what causes a sinus headache and what the symptoms of a sinus headache are. Then we’ll move on to what you can use to banish the pain for good.
sinus headache relief treatment – what are the symptoms?
- Pressure behind the eyes
- Face being tender to the touch
- Pain in mornings.
- Pain when bending forward
sinus headache relief treatment – what causes it?
Nasty sinus headaches usually result from sinus blockage and inflammation (sinusitis). This is usually brought on by both a respiratory infection (like the flu) and things you could be allergic to. When your sinus is working properly, it allows the mucus to pump out and air to flow all through the nasal paths. When sinuses come to be inflamed, everything gets congested and the mucus doesn’t drain.
sinus headache relief treatment options-
- Take an over the counter sinus relief product such as acetaminophen, aspirin or even ibuprofen for aching.
- Apply warm pressure (with a heated towel) to the area that’s causing your pain. Do this four times throughout the day.
- Elevate the neck and crown, this drains the sinuses.
- Use a nasal spray or a decongestant. Over-the-counter decongestants may offer some relief.
- Avoid anything you may be allergic to, your irritated sinuses may be allergy-related.
- Eat healthy foods to help boost the body’s resistance to disease.
- Get sufficient amount of rest. Naps all during the day are a great way to reduce the pain of a sinus headache.
- Raise the humidity. Use a humidifier, or take a hot steam bath or rinse. Boil a pot of water on the oven top and breath in the steam for 10 minutes.
- Drink lots of water. This helps to drain the sinuses by hydrating the body. Steaming tea is also a good choice as the condensation releases blocking in the sinuses.
Products for Sinus Headaches-
Nasal Spray Headache Buster 0.68 Ounces
- Humidifiers such as Crane drop shape cool mist humidifier, or the Honeywell hcm890 cool moisture humidifier.
- Hot teas such as Lipton or Green Tea
- Get relief from pain, congestion, and pressure with over the counter drugs such as Acetaminophen Mucinex, Tylenol Extra Strength, Excedrin, and Ibuprofen.
- Vitamin B-complex And Vitamin C
- Warm Compresses like Softheat moist heating pad, Ace hot compress, or Thermalon Microwave activated moist compress